- Place all ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Mixing Spiral: 8 minutes slow, 4 minutes fast.
- Dough temperature: 26° C - 28° C.
- Bulk ferment: 15 minutes
- Scale: 2 kg heads of the dough then mould round.
- Prove: 45 minutes at 40° C and 80% RH.
- Dust with flour and score top with a sharp knife or add garlic.
- Oven temperature 250° C.
- Top with garlic butter once out of the oven if making garlic braai broodjies.
Tips and tricks
- Cover dough that is not being worked off with a plastic dough cover. If dough is not
covered a skin will form which will result
in a undesirable looking product.
About this recipe
Author: Chipkins Puratos