- Place measured water, egg and sponge mix into mixing bowl first.
- Mix for ± 1 minute. on slow speed and 8 minutes on fast speed.
- Scale off 450g batter into a greased tin.
- Bake at 180° C for ± 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn sponges over in their tins and leave to cool.
- Cut sponge in half and spread with imitation cream.
- Ice sides and top of cake with imitation cream.
- Decorate cake with the roast sprinkle nuts and Strawberry Pie Filling.
Tips and tricks
- Make sure whisk has full complement of wires.
- Turn sponges over in their tins and leave to cool. This stops the sponge from drying out.
About this recipe
Author: Chipkins Puratos